Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Within a Picture

One of my favorite things to do while driving around in India is prop the iPhone up on the window and take dozens of pictures. Sometimes I know I have gotten something good, but a lot of times I can't be sure what I've captured until I go back and look at them again, especially on a larger screen. I like zooming in to each photo to search for unexpected moments and small details I didn't know where there when I originally took it. 


I took this of a man selling peanuts--apparently peanuts are the big winter "thing" here in Delhi. What I didn't see was the boy to the left playing by pushing a bicycle wheel with a stick and the two children on top of the roof looking down, the girl's tiny ponytail sticking up into the air.


I took this of the a man sewing while someone else watches. But who is the third man in the corner? What is the tailor looking for in the box?


See the dog investigating a cart stacked with food. 


Family business?


Tiny baby foot!


This boy has a small gold hoop in his right ear. 


An old woman watches a dog which appears to be growling, a baby sheep or goat stands behind the young woman's bed.


 Man reads the paper, man takes a nap, man gets a shave, boy watches.


It goes on and on, as much variation in the photos as life on the streets. Four more days in India! Better make the most of it.




















No comments:

Post a Comment