Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Back and Better in India

About a week ago we touched down back in India for our second leg here. Last time we went south and this time are heading north to Rajasthan.

I'm excited to be back! The intervening months in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have changed me, as this trip has changed me. I feel like a more confident person, more centered in who I am. I am living at the front of myself.



We went first to Ahmedabad, and then Jamnagar, to stay with a good friend's sister. We are being well spoiled with cups of chai, tables of food, and good company. My need to take pictures of every cow kindly tolerated.

I am obsessed with these zebu cows! They are amazing, with soft long ears and eyes that look like they are lined in kajal. 









They are everywhere in Jamnagar, and this is just a fraction of the photos I have of them.

There are also camels! Camels working on the streets, pulling carts, pulling loads. Parked next to the motorcycles.




There are lots of other animals too--cats, dogs, goats, buffalo.






If you are lucky enough to be out when school begins or ends, you can also see children of all ages in their little uniforms. 



It's not that being in India makes me feel alive, it's more like it reminds me that I already am. That I've been alive this whole time.



    

Our time is going by and I am trying to stay aware, soak everything in.

In a few days we are heading to Rajasthan. I can't wait to see what happens.

 

Run, baby, run.

No comments:

Post a Comment