Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sketches of Melbourne


City Skyline


Flinder's Station


View across the Yarra River

The first two are a new method that developed by accident after I messed up painting the sky behind the buildings. I cut that part out and put it over a new painted background, but added five or six strips of paper glued below that so the skyline was slightly elevated above the base paper, giving it a slightly two dimensional look.

I liked it, so I tried it again with the Flinder's Station drawing.

One of the best parts of drawing so much on this trip is having the time to make mistakes and see what comes out of it. I don't think I would have thought to cut out the skyline and put it on a new background like this on purpose. It was only once I had made a mistake and was trying to salvage a picture I otherwise liked that it came to me.

Must try again soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment