Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Best Grilled Cheese Ever

Tonight we made an unexpected detour off the train home and stumbled onto a pub hiding beneath the stairs. It was called The Camden Town Brewery, and we decided to stay awhile.

We ordered two pints and sat outside in the evening chill. I swear beer looks more delicious in England. I never cared about beer at home but here it looks all frothy and golden and refreshing.



Next to the Pub was a little food stand selling grilled cheese, appropriately named The Cheese Truck, and it smelled amazing. One look at their menu was all I needed to know I had to get one of these sandwiches right now.

(Note: "rocket" is the British word for arugula)

I went for the goat cheese / honey / butter sandwich. They put it on the grill and cooked it with great care, using a flat metal iron weight of sorts on top.

It was incredible.



I could eat that every day. Every meal! 

Earlier when in Manchester I was a bit down on London, but after the last weeks here I have to take it back. It's still unforgivably expensive, but almost all of the museums are free (post on that later!), it's so easy to get around, and--if you can afford it--there is delicious food everywhere.



Not a bad way to spend an evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment